Whether a small business or large corporation, digital transformation has enabled organizations to generate data at every touchpoint.
From customer transaction data to marketing automation, organizations need to store data in an organized manner while ensuring its security.
91% of businesses with more than 11 employees are leveraging CRM and database software to streamline their data for all types of useful purposes. And the mobile CRM and database market grew 11% in 2019 and is now worth $15 billion.
But before leveraging the right tool, you need to choose one that works best for your business.
To help make this decision easier, I ranked and reviewed the best database software to use this year.
Let’s get started.
What is the Best Database Software?
Knack was founded in 2010 and is the easiest online database tool I’ve come across.
They’re a SaaS-based online tool that allows their users to easily structure, connect, and extend data with no coding required.
Knack has an impressive customer base, including Intel, Capital One, HP, Spotify, Panasonic, Zendesk, Honda, Harvard University, and many others.
To use Knack, you start by structuring your data with the main columns that you need – including things like name, email, address, phone number, and any number of custom categories.
Next, you connect your data by integrating it with different systems. They boast a powerful API that integrates with a lot of popular tools like Zapier, extending its functionality:
Finally, you extend your data and make it more useful with custom formulas and equations. And all of this is done in a simple web-based interface with no deep coding knowledge required.
Knack also features 39 pre-created database templates to choose from based on organization type or features.
For example, if you’re an agency, there’s a custom CRM template where you can manage customers, and assign tasks and meetings to generate sales.
If you’re a large enterprise, there are database templates to do everything from project management to managing purchase orders, inventory, payroll, and even adding job listings on your website.
With this much functionality in one simple piece of software, you’re able to save a lot of money between interdepartmental teams that may be using 4-5 different tools to do all of this.
Knack has three main pricing plans starting at $39/month up to $179/month.
- Their Starter Plan at $39/month gives you up to 20,000 records, 2 GB of storage, and 3 app connections
- The Pro Plan at $79/month provides 50,000 records, 5 GB of storage, and 8 app connections
- Finally, their Corporate Plan is very popular and gives you 125,000 records, 50 GB of storage, 25 app connections, and premier, white-glove support
- They also offer custom enterprise plans called Plus 1, Plus 2, and Plus 3 which vastly increase the database. For example, with the Plus 3 plan at $999/month, you get 1.5 million records.
Improvado is a popular database software tool that can help you aggregate all the marketing data for small and large enterprises in real-time. It is a flexible and scalable marketing middleware solution
- Integration: It offers integration with numerous third-party tools, including Google Adwords, Excel, Facebook, Tableaus, Twitter, Salesforce, MailChimp, BigQuery, among others.
- Reporting: It has a robust reporting mechanism and reduces manual reporting by over 90 percent.
- Data Visualization:Easily extract and send all knowledge sets to image tools, as well as Google knowledge Studio, Looker, Tableau, and Google Sheets, among others. it’s additionally equipped with associate degree intuitive dashboard.
- Cost-Effective: With Improvado, you don’t need SQL experts to understand its functionality; hence, hiring a developer is not required.
Ability to migrate your data and duplicate the net info instantly Side-by-side comparison of metrics for faster business deciding Real-time integration of knowledge models amid live association on a frenzied info server Robust client support from the extremely trained and fully fledged engineering team Clean interface and navigation management Constant access to regular statuses and updates on multiple comes Error-free and perceptive information analytics Backup software and data recovery option for users Well planned and clean info documentation
Improvado’s Business package, that prices $100 per month, offers all of the perks you wish for your business. tiny businesses with an occasional budget will get tailored valuation with the Enterprise edition. you’ll conjointly schedule the demo version of the code to expertise its options.
3. Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is one in every of the foremost effective and wanted information package. This relative database management system server is ideal for storing and retrieving multiple requests promptly.
- Excellent Performance: Turns raw data into actionable insights that can be delivered on any platform or device.
- Free Trial: The developer and express versions of the Microsoft SQL server is available free of cost
- Improved Query Processing: It now leverages adaptive query processing features to enhance query performance in SQL database and SQL server
- Automatic Plan Correction: Fixes SQL plan performance issues by identifying problematic query execution
- Easier to line up a current information server from the beginning Capability to form many tables, designs, and think about knowledge while not syntax Leverage Developer Network Feature to develop advanced queries Handles complicated queries and integrate with alternative programs Identifies varied names within the information system through guide person Combines scripts and views of connected objects or teams Advanced querying and straightforward management of distributed databases More advanced package than Microsoft Access
The “Express” and “Developer” versions are available free of cost. The paid plans start at $931 and range up to $14,256 (one-time cost).
MySQL is an open-source relational database system. The majority of the web hosting providers bundle MySQL in their basic packages. Hence, it is popular among both amateur and professional web designers.
- Scalability: It increases the scalability and security of the database
- Business Oriented: Ecommerce sites can leverage business-oriented sophisticated applications
- Technical Support: Offers robust technical support and fights potential cyberattacks
- Easily Applicable: Reduced risks and costs. Lesser complexity in development, deployment, and management of crucial applications
Offers better data recovery capability Folks without a programming background can quickly learn its foundational features Being an open-source tool, it provides complete flexibility in data customization The low-cost structure makes it a more feasible option for small-size businesses and entrepreneurs The adjustable data development process for small and heavy applications Easy integration with Apache web engine
Its pricing plan starts at $2000, $5000, and $10,000 for MySQL Standard, Enterprise, and Cluster Carrier Grade editions, respectively.
5. AMAZON RELATIONAL DATABASE SERVICE (RDS).
Amazon RDS is a stable and capable relational Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) that is at par with other competent offerings from Amazon Web Services (AWS). It is a good option for experienced data scientists, users, and digital-native companies.
- Data Backup & Security: Offers dedicated secure connection and backs up data automatically through its inbuilt feature
- Flexible: It offers the option to scale computing resources or increase the storage capacity of the database through a single API call
- Scalable: You can scale up to more than the capacity of the single database deployment for read-heavy database workloads
- Easy to Use: Amazon RDS offers access to the abilities of a more familiar MySQL, Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server database engine
Processes heavy workloads in a single database system You have to pay only for the number of resources you use at any point in time Get easy access to Oracle, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL database among others Flexibility and increasable storage through simple API request makes it a favorable option among programmers Offers stable and robust performance Plenty of controls and features for users Responsive and capable customer support Leverage big data tools seamlessly through its EMR service
Amazon RDS is a ‘free to try’ tool. Users can pay for only those resources that they use. You can leverage On-Demand or Reserved Instance to pay for its services.
It might look overwhelming to pay for resources used, but you can easily estimate your monthly bill through its AWS Simple Monthly Calculator.