The online learning market is going through unprecedented growth, likely to surpass a value of $375 billion by 2026.
With so much growth potential due to more people staying at home and less on-premise learning, learning management systems are becoming one of the most used sought after online tools.
eLearning has also brought flexibility, agility, and ease of learning for both teachers and learners. Teachers can teach or assign course modules from any part of the world, and learners can take online classes or study course modules online from anywhere and on any device.
Organizations across the globe are also leveraging the benefits of eLearning to train their workforce for the next project, team management, HR compliance, and more. And even bloggers and influencers are using online course platforms to sell their knowledge to students all over the world.
To get started in eLearning, you need a capable learning management system (LMS).
But it’s a challenging task to find the right LMS system in an over-hyped and already crowded LMS market.
To simplify your job, I ranked and reviewed a list of the best learning management systems for any business or organization.
These reviews are based on features, pricing, classroom functionality, performance, and more.
Let’s get started.
What Is The Best Learning Management System?
TalentLMS promises to make you go live 2x faster. The cloud-based learning management system offers a ready-to-use solution where you just need to sign-up and add courses to enable eLearning. It also provides a free trial and customizable pricing plans as per the needs of your business.
Other than this, you can easily host virtual training through TalentLMS and integrate virtual conference and video conferencing software like Zoom into the LMS. It also enables you to build engaging course modules by leveraging the existing media or through content available over the internet.
- Cmi5 – This xAPI-based specification facilitates efficient eLearning data exchange. It also defined interoperability rules for content viewing, session management, authentication, reporting, and course structure between LMS and Learning Record Stores.
- File Repository – Organize files, share them with users, reuse them for your learning modules easily.
- Assessment Engine – Evaluate the progress of learners with multiple test types and analyze test results through various data reports.
- It allows you to create curriculums for learners automatically with restricted learning paths.
- Delivers a mix of eLearning and instructor-led training.
- It supports calendar, personal messages, and discussion forums.
- Easily monetize your courses by selling them via PayPal or Stripe.
- Manage your learning environment by segregating them into branches. Each branch will act as a separate entity with its own users, courses, and theme.
- Full control of content management and content creation.
- Control of course materials, course authoring, and course management.
- Provides the ability to set learning objectives to match your training needs.
- TalentLMS offers a free plan with up to 5 users and 10 courses. The paid plans start from $59 per month for up to 40 users and range up to $429 per month.
Best LMS for WordPress Sites ($159/Year).
LearnDash works as a WordPress LMS plugin and enables you to publish courses online quite easily. It comes with an easy to navigate user interface and leverages custom post types to create course modules easily.
It allows businesses to charge a fee for accessing eLearning content in multiple ways. Plus, it comes equipped with an extensive library of official and third-party add-ons along with several integration options to let you leverage additional features.
On top of that, this cloud-based LMS platform allows businesses to post an unlimited number of online courses. Even if you’re a beginner, then also you have nothing to worry about since it provides a drag and drop interface to create new courses and post eLearning content online quickly.
- Focus Mode – Give your learners a dedicated virtual learning environment and let your content become the focus by eliminating all distractions.
- Flexible Prerequisites – This feature helps learners determine which courses they need to take and in what order.
- Course Bundle – Offer a bundle of courses to monetize your eLearning content in a better manner.
- You have the option to choose from eight different types of questions for more engaging quizzing.
- It allows you to award course points to learners as they complete a course module or reach the next level.
- It offers powerful integration with Stripe, PayPal, or 2Checkout to help you monetize your eLearning platform.
- Run your eLearning platform across multiple sites with the same efficiency.
- It’s fully compatible with mobile devices, including tablets, smartphones, laptops, and more.
- Easy integrations with WordPress and social sharing use cases via social media channels.
Its paid packages start from $159 per year and go up to $329 per year.
Get started with LearnDash.
Best For Businesses Looking To Train The Modern Workforce With A Modern LMS ($349/Month)
SkyPrep enables businesses to customize their eLearning interface easily. It allows admins to include business logos easily, choose themes, select colors, welcome screens, icons, and images as per their branding requirements. It also provides customization of eLearning certificates and custom URLs.
You can easily upload eLearning files, including MS Office files, PDFs, videos, embedded links, and multimedia presentations.
Do you want to save your precious time? For that, it also allows the admin to reuse the same content in other courses saving plenty of time. On top of that, SkyPrep offers powerful assessment and survey features that get graded automatically.
- Advanced Reporting – It offers visual reports, multiple reporting levels, and course performance profiles to gauge learners’ performance easily.
- Robust Integration – You also get an open API to help integrate with the systems that you are already using in your office.
- Enterprise-Grade Security – It secures all the data in secure SSL-certified cloud infrastructure and offers total access control of the platform.
- Customize the learning paths to restrict the flow of courses.
- It’s PCI-DSS compliant to enable secure transactions.
- It offers access to several pre-packaged courses to help easily launch an eLearning platform.
- You can easily login through other social platforms, including Gmail, Facebook, Windows Live, and LinkedIn.
- It also offers self-managed recurring training.
Its paid plans start from $349 per month that supports up to 100 active users.
Get started with SkyPrep.
4. ACADEMY OF MINE
Great Niche Enterprise LMS for Vertical Markets ($499/Month).
Academy of Mine is an all in one learning management system that enables businesses to create, market, and sell courses online. It also allows you to manage all your courses from a single point easily.
On top of that, it works efficiently on multiple devices, including desktop, iPhone, iPad, and all Android devices. It also supports various languages, including English, Portuguese, Spanish, French, and German.
To make things simpler for a more novice audience, it comes powered with a drag and drop builder. So, even if you have little to no technical know-how, then also you can easily create new course modules. Its flexible website builder also lets you create unlimited web pages and landing pages for your website within minutes.
- Marketing Tool – It offers all the relevant marketing tools for Content Marketing, Google Analytics, SEO, Keyword Research, and more.
- Student Dashboard: Efficiently integrate student and instructor dashboards to track learners’ progress and optimize your eLearning content.
- Drip Features: This feature allows you to control the path of your course catalog. You can also unlock or lock content based on rights and flow
- Personalize the LMS completely without writing a single line of code.
- Create a unique online shop for your eLearning content using custom pages.
- Automate access and course enrollment to save time for more important tasks.
- It leverages TLS 2.0 encryption and SSL to protect your data.
- It also offers 24/7 dedicated customer support and onboarding.
Its paid plans start from $449 per month. It also offers a customizable quote-based plan.
Get started with Academy of Mine.
Best For Businesses That Are Looking For An AI-based System To Automate Redundant And Time-consuming Tasks.
Docebo is one of the most highly acclaimed learning management systems with a client list ranging from Thomson Reuters to Bloomberg. It works on the coach and shared philosophy and offers a host of practical features. One of its amazing features is that it enables businesses to efficiently manage, centralize, and organize learning activities – creating a beautiful user experience.
Its unique feature, Docebo Discover, Coach & Share, allows learners to share their own learning material. What’s more, this feature enables them to invite their peers and build an online community of learners. It also leverages AI-powered tech to ensure user-generated content reaches all the learners easily.
- Advanced Reporting – Easily track and measure the impact of your training program through a customized dashboard and reports that will feature only the required data.
- eCommerce – Docebo offers an easy-to-use user interface to enable learners to browse and buy learning modules/ content catalogs.
- Gamification – Boost up user engagement by introducing interesting elements like badges, points, and awards.
- Enhance knowledge retention through contests and leaderboards.
- It allows you to track and monitor learners’ engagements from a centralized location.
- Easily monitor performance, manage classroom schedules and locations, attendance, and assign courses to learners and instructors.
- It allows you to create a learn-centric user experience while meeting your branding guidelines.
- Turn on integrations and extensions instantly to scale up your platform in no time.
- Tin Can API compliance.
Doceo offers a single pricing plan based on your requirements. However, you need to contact their sales team for an exact pricing plan.